During the Flywheel sponsored PHP, MySQL and WordPress course, participants will learn the skills required to start careers in WordPress development. The Flywheel team will participate in candidate selection for the course and all students selected to join the Flywheel team following completion of the course will be eligible to receive $3,750 in tuition reimbursement!
When, where and how much?
Start: April 6, 2015
End: June 19, 2015
Location: 1624 Mike Fahey Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Time: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6p-9p
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an application for the course. Applications open 1/26/2015. Course information available here.
- Complete the following steps by invitation only:
- Online assessment
- In person interview with Flywheel and Interface team members
- Enrollment including payment arrangements
- During the course, participants are expected to perform their best: be fully engaged, take advantage of all mentoring opportunities, be great collaborators.
- Get hired by Flywheel upon graduation and receive up to a $3,750 tuition reimbursement. Graduates who are not selected for placement with Flywheel will be introduced to local firms during an exclusive mixer event. The following tuition reimbursement repayment schedule will apply:
|Flywheel Exit Date||Student Repayment Amount|
|0-89 days after hire||$3,750.00|
|90-179 days after hire||$3,000.00|
|180-239 days after hire||$2,500.00|
|240-364 days after hire||$1,500.00|
|365+ days after hire||$0.00|
DURING THE 11 WEEK PHP, MYSQL AND WORDPRESS COURSE, STUDENTS WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:
Students will learn how the web’s core technologies work together to form a web page (layout, style, basic animation) and how the Internet’s core technologies work together to deliver a web page to consumers.
Students will learn how to create dynamic web pages using PHP and MySQL. Students will create a content management system application from the ground up and learn how to dynamically display data entered into the application. Students will also learn how to create reports from user entered data.
Students will learn about various WordPress hosting options and how to install WordPress on a dedicated server. Students will then learn to customize WordPress themes, manage content, manage security, and work with plugins.
Applications Open: January 26, 2015
Applications Close: March 8, 2015
In person interviews: March 9 – 13, 2015
Program Acceptance Notices Sent: March 14, 2015 (3 weeks prior to course start)
Course Start: April 6, 2015
Flywheel Hires Determined: June 5, 2015
Exclusive Mixer Event: June 10, 2015
Course End: June 19, 2015