AIM Interface School is excited to announce a new resource to help you achieve your career goals. You can now complete the National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) for free through AIM Interface School.
NCRC is a career readiness assessment developed by ACT and coordinated by Metropolitan Community College. This assessment helps you assess your current skills and how they align with your career goals. The NCRC verifies that you have the necessary skills and identifies areas of improvement.
For employers, the NCRC aids in decision-making based on hiring, selection, and promotions. The employer can feel confident they are hiring people who have the skills to be successful, helping to increase employee retention and allowing employers to invest more in their team.
The assessment is a win-win for you and employers.
NCRC Benefits for You
- Feel confident in your abilities
- Stand out by showcasing your skills
- Improve advancement opportunities
- Identify training opportunities
- Hire quality candidates with the skills needed to succeed
- Increase employee retention by hiring better qualified candidates
- Simplify hiring, selection and promotions
- Assess skill sets as it relates to applied mathematics and reading for information
When & Where You Can Take NCRC
Testing sessions are held on recurring schedules at sites including AIM Interface School, Metropolitan Community College, Heartland Workforce Solutions, Do Space, Learning Community Center of North Omaha, Latino Center of the Midlands, ResCare, Maximus, and Siena Francis House. Testing hours vary according to each site. Learn more about specific sites and times available for testing here.
Not only is this assessment extremely useful for employees and employers, it’s also free to both! So, whether you take it on your own or employers send their team, there is no cost to either party thanks to a grant through the City of Omaha.
The assessment takes approximately 3 hours total, but can be taken in three sections for your convenience. The three areas assessed are: Locating Information, Reading for Information, and Applied Mathematics. Participants receive the following scores which lead to a nationally recognized, portable certification.
- Bronze: at least a 3 on each assessment
- Silver: at least a 4 on each assessment
- Gold: at least a 5 on each assessment
- Platinum: at least a 6 on each assessment
Each certificate comes with a confirmation number that an employee can give to an employer to verify their given scores.
AIM Interface School is excited to offer this assessment to the community. We believe this is the next step towards a work-ready community and that’s why we’re using the NCRC as part of our application process for our more advanced courses. Based on the needs of employers in career paths, a Gold level is encouraged on the NCRC to be admitted to the following AIM Interface School courses:
- Foundations of Web Development
- WordPress Specialization Course
- Java Specialization Course
- Digital Marketing: Tactics and Strategies that Drive Results
- Fundamentals of Data Science Certificate Program
A Gold level must be obtained by any student or graduate seeking career placement services.
How NCRC Can Help Developers
A web developer typically has a Level 6 in Locating Information. If a participant does not receive this given score, they are able to work on this given career skill to get the basics they need prior to being placed in a position where they may struggle due to the fact that the Locating Information is a major skill required in a web developer’s day to day duties.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS FREE ASSESSMENT, SIGN UP HERE.